- 31 декабря 2013, 23:52
- SeekingAlpha.com. Market Currents
- IHS Automotive is out with a forecast on self-driving cars which could prove to be provocative.
- The research firm thinks by the year 2035 close to 9% of all cars sold will be able to function without a human driver. The estimate is more aggressive than most covering the nascent technology.
- The anticipated benefits of autonomous cars include fewer accidents, less traffic congestion, and an easier way for the industry to keep emission pollution under control. Detractors say insurance liability and software concerns will plague growth rates
- What to watch: The engineers at Google X may have something to say about the direction of the self-driving car initiative. The company's purchase of Boston Dynamics, the advent of Google glasses, and the spins the company's early prototype has taken around Silicon Valley all point to more than a passing interest by the tech giant.
- Related stocks: GM, F, TM, OTCPK:FIATY, HMC, OTCPK:NSANY, TSLA, OTCQX:VLKAY, OTCPK:DDAIF, OTC:HYMLF, OTCPK:BAMXY, OTC:PEUGF, OTC:RNSDF, OTCPK:FUJHY.
НОВОСТИ ПО ТЕМЕ
22 мая 2014, 15:04
27 марта 2014, 18:37