- 24 марта 2014, 17:05
- SeekingAlpha.com. Market Currents
- The FDA has approved Novartis' (NVS) and Roche's (OTCQX:RHHBY) Xolair treatment for Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria (CIU), a form of hives.
- Xolair is the first biologic medicine to be approved for CIU, a skin condition that can cause severe itching and can last for many years. Around 1.5M people in the U.S. develop CIU at some point in their lives.
- "Nearly 50% of patients have inadequate response to H1-antihistamines, previously the only approved therapy for CIU," Roche says.
- The FDA's authorization covers people 12 years old and older who still suffer symptoms of CIU despite treatment with H1-antihistamines.
- Xolair is also approved for moderate-to-severe persistent allergic asthma. (PR)
18 февраля, 20:33
16 февраля, 21:59
06 февраля, 04:22