- 22 июля, 15:17
- Al Jazeera English на YouTube
Kenya's Finance Minister Henry Rotich and other treasury officials have been arrested on corruption and fraud charges related to a multimillion-dollar project to build two massive dams, police said.
Rotich, his principal secretary and the chief executive of Kenya's environmental authority handed themselves in to the police after the country's chief prosecutor, Noordin Haji, ordered the arrest of Rotich and 27 other top officials on Monday.
Rotich's arrest marks the first time a sitting Kenyan minister has been arrested on corruption charges, in a country where the corruption is widespread.
Al Jazeera's' Catherine Soi reports from Samburu County.
- Subscribe to our channel: http://aje.io/AJSubscribe
- Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AJEnglish
- Find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/aljazeera
- Check our website: https://www.aljazeera.com/
#AlJazeeraEnglish #KenyaCorruption #BreakingNews
НОВОСТИ ПО ТЕМЕ
17 сентября, 10:00
22 июля, 06:25