- 18 октября, 23:00
- The Big Picture by Barry Ritholtz
Succinct Summations for the week ending October 18th, 2019
1. Housing market index rose 3 points in October from 68 to 71.
2. Jobless claims rose from 210k to 214k w/o/w, remaining at very low levels.
3. Home refinance apps rose for a second straight week at 4.0% w/o/w.
4. Philly Fed Business Outlook Survey came in at 5.6 this month, meeting expectations.
5. Empire State Mfg Survey came in at 4.0 for October, above the expected 0.8.
1. Retail sales fell 0.3% m/o/m, below the expected increase of 0.3%.
2. Index of leading economic indicators fell 0.1%, below the expected increase of 0.2%.
3. Same store sales rose 4.1% w/o/w, decelerating from the previous increase of 5.7%.
4. Home Mortgage Apps fell 4.0% w/o/w, below the previous decrease of 1.0%.
5. Industrial production fell 0.4% w/o/w, below the expected decrease of 0.2%.