- 27 февраля, 11:19
Rolling coverage of the latest economic and financial news, as markets around the world are spooked by the coronavirus crisis
- Latest: FTSE 100 lost another 3.5% today
- Weekly losses now hit £152bn
- US stock market is tumbling again
- It’s the worst rout since 2011 eurocrisis
- Markets slide despite president Trump claiming risks are ‘very low’
- Coronavirus news: Japan to shut all schools
Today markets are pretty grim -- as the worst week since 2011 grinds on.
European stock markets also had a grim day, with the Stoxx 600 closing 3.6% down at 389.89 points.
That, I reckon, puts it JUST into a correction -- down just over 10% from its peak last month.Continue reading...