Weak and frail, the player sent off at the 1974 World Cup after being wrongly punished for kicking a referee up the backside is struggling to make ends meetPoor and wheelchair-bound, Ndaye Mulamba has just been told he faces eviction from his rented home in Kinshasa, 44 years after he was ejected from the World Cup for kicking a referee up the backside.Mulamba is nearly 70 and that may be a surprise if the last time you heard mention of him was when a minute’s silence was held in his honour before a match at the 1998 Africa Cup of Nations, when the players of the Democratic Republic of Congo and Burkina Faso marked his “death” in an accident at an Angolan diamond mine. That turned out to be a case of mistaken identity. Mulamba has never even been to Angola. Continue reading...
Burkina Faso is mourning the victims of last week's attacks on its military headquarters and the French embassy. An investigation into the violence has resulted in more arrests, including soldiers. News that the arrested men are not foreigners, but a mix of active and former soldiers, surprised many in Burkina Faso, but not all. Al Jazeera's Nicolas Haque reports from Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso. - Subscribe to our channel: http://aje.io/AJSubscribe - Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AJEnglish - Find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/aljazeera - Check our website: http://www.aljazeera.com/
Many in Ouagadougou are still in mourning after the attacks last week claimed by a Sahel rebel group, but others have been shocked by the revelations that their attackers were not foreigners.
Updated: Mar 07, 2018
OUAGADOUGOU (Reuters) - Eight people including two Burkinabe soldiers have been arrested in connection with an attack by Islamist militants that killed eight security agents in Burkina Faso's capital on Friday, the country's prosecutor said.
خادم الحرمين الشريفين يرأس جلسة مجلس الوزراء Служитель Двух Святынь возглавил заседание Совета министров Эр-Рияд, 18 джумада-ахира 1439г.Х., что сооотвествует 06 марта 2018г. по х.л. Служитель Двух Святынь Король Салман бин Абдулазиз ал-Сауд, да хранит его Аллах, после полудня во вторник возглавил заседание Совета Министров во дворце Ямама в г.Эр-Рияд. В начале заседания Служитель Двух … Читать далее Служитель Двух Святынь возглавил заседание Совета министров →
Authorities in Burkina Faso say they have arrested eight Burkinabe nationals in connection with last week’s attacks on army headquarters and the French Embassy.
West African heads of states denounced extremism during a visit to Burkina Faso’s capital Monday, vowing to strengthen cooperation to defeat Islamic militants who carried out two simultaneous attacks in Ouagadougou that killed at least eight people Friday.
OUAGADOUGOU (Reuters) - Burkina Faso's President Mark Roch said his country would fight and defeat militants despite being hit by Islamist insurgents in the capital last week in an attack which 8 people were killed and dozens wounded.
Burkina Faso's security forces remain on high alert after a man was shot dead while attempting to storm a roadblock near the presidential compound. It comes just two days after 16 people were killed in twin attacks on the military headquarters and the French embassy. The violence is part of what is an increasingly tense situation in the western Sahel region of central Africa. Al Jazeera's Nicolas Haque reports from Ouagadougou. - Subscribe to our channel: http://aje.io/AJSubscribe - Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AJEnglish - Find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/aljazeera - Check our website: http://www.aljazeera.com/
Sunday saw further unrest when one person was shot dead after three people attempted to storm a roadblock in the early hours near the presidential compound.
A former Burkina Faso soldier may have participated in Friday’s simultaneous attacks by al-Qaida-linked extremists on the army headquarters and heavily-guarded French Embassy in the capital.
An al-Qaeda-linked group has claimed claiming it was behind Saturday's attack in Burkina Faso's capital Ouagadougou. The French Embassy and the army headquarters were targetted - leaving 16 people, including eight gunmen, dead. Al Jazeera's Nicolas Haque reports from Ouagadougou. - Subscribe to our channel: http://aje.io/AJSubscribe - Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AJEnglish - Find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/aljazeera - Check our website: http://www.aljazeera.com/
An al-Qaeda affiliate has claimed responsibility for attacks in Burkina Faso that left 16 people dead, including eight gunmen, at the army headquarters and French embassy.
The latest on the deadly attacks in the capital of the African nation of Burkina Faso (all times local):
After Burkina Faso was attacked again, the question is if further intervention against armed groups is needed.
The two deadly terrorist attacks in Burkina Faso’s capital, Ougadougou, on Friday have been strongly condemned by the United Nations.
Armed groups have once again targeted Burkina Faso's capital Ouagadougou. They launched two co-ordinated attacks on Friday against the army's headquarters and the French embassy; killing several people and injuring dozens more. The government has called it a terrorist attack. Burkina Faso is one 5 regional countries contributing to a military force called the Sahel G-5, along with France. It's meant to go after armed groups including Al Qaeda and ISIL, but the attacks against civilians continue. So, is further intervention needed? Presenter: Hashem Ahelbarra Guests: Marie-Roger Biloa - Editor of Africa International. Adama Gaye - Former Director of Information at the Economic Community of West African States or ECOWAS. Martin Ewi - Senior Researcher at the Institute for Security Studies. Subscribe to our channel http://bit.ly/AJSubscribe Follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/AJEnglish Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/aljazeera Check our website: http://www.aljazeera.com/